Thunder clouds and god beams in the Great Karoo Desert, South Africa
[av_heading heading=’Behind the scenes of this photo’ tag=’h3′ color=’custom-color-heading’ custom_font=’#949494′ style=’blockquote classic-quote’ size=” subheading_active=” subheading_size=’15’ padding=’0′ av_uid=’av-2qhzn5′][/av_heading]
Taken in the Great Karoo Desert, South Africa on August 21st, 2008

Photography is all about being in the right place at the right time, and I believe that making the two come together is really 95% planning. Usually that remaining 5% only makes the difference between a good photo and a great one. However, there are times when getting an awesome shot is 100% luck, as was the case on this day in the Karoo Desert. Driving on a winding highway, I came around a bend and saw the most amazing clouds I’ve ever seen. Brakes squealed and gravel flew as I ground to a halt on the side of the road and leapt out of my rental car in order to photograph this enfolding atmospheric drama.


Thanks for your order. Please wait a moment while we process your payment.